Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faint stroke appearing on Track Matte with no stoke

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am creating a scratch-off reveal. I'm almost finished but it looks like on each shape layer I am applying a track matte the fill color is coming through faintly around the edges looking like a stroke. (the stroke is turned off) Right now, I have the fill color of the shape layers set to a light blue.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the faint stroke appearing?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

I'm still confused. Some of your shape layers have actual strokes, others don't. It seems inevitable that this would bleed through. That aside it might simply be more efficient to create the actual scratch animation in a pre-comp and apply it to the graphics as a whole.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots would be more useful than project files. I'm on my tablet right now for instance. That said my guess would be that you are not aware that AE's default Alpha blending is not linear and you are getting gaps where multiple shapes share an edge. The simplest fixed might be to set the layer blending mode to Alpha Add. Anything more would require an image to see what's going on.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE uses a linking system to connect to files. Sending a aep without the llined footage isn't really useful. 

Use File > Dependencies > Collect Files to create a collected folder zip then up and we'll be able to see everything.

Or just include screen shots like Mylenium suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BG1.png

BG2.png

these are the background images, from the file if you would like to replace them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks for the quick response. Here are some screenshots the alpha add didn't change much. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 3.31.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 3.30.42 PM.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to have sub-pixel positioning issues. Not a single edge in your image is non-antialiased, not even the perfectly perpendicular ones. Dial open the values and set them to full pixel increments where possible. Same for scaling values. This should improve things notably.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I made  everything a full pixel. But I dont see a different

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 3.53.14 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check that you don't have any shadows or other options checked regarding your shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't look like I have any shadows selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still confused. Some of your shape layers have actual strokes, others don't. It seems inevitable that this would bleed through. That aside it might simply be more efficient to create the actual scratch animation in a pre-comp and apply it to the graphics as a whole.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Doing a precomp worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines