• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File > Open Project Always opens the same folder, not the last used

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an annoying issue that is specific to AE 22.2.1. (Im on Win 10) When go to open a project (File > Open Project), AE always defaults to one particular folder. No matter where I navigate to open the project I need, the next time I open AE and a project, AE starts in that one particular folder.  While it is not mission critical to fix, it is very annoying.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what I can do?

I don't see anything in preferences that addresses this.  My next step may be to uninstall/reinstall, but I'd like to find a solution before I do that.

Thanks, 

Scott

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such behavior typically indicates a permissions issue with the folders and ultimately also the prefs file itself, so check that stuff using File --> Properties after a right-click on the relevant locations.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a solution to this, but I am experiencing the same issue on a windows 10 machine with the same version of AE.  Older versions of AE (17 & 18) open the last saved location just fine.  While it definitly isn't a crirtical issue, it is very annoying to have AE revert to the same folder every time you try to open a new project.  Resetting the preferences file, and a fresh install of AE did not fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the most recent version (and previous ones) on mac OS. Updates don't change anything; and correct - no preferences to adjust!!!

Not debilitating, yet incredibly annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same on win10  and win11. Latest ae update. Usually removing temporary files from AppData folder on pc could solve such an issue. Now it's not  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well, resetting "Reset All Preferences To Deuault" in "Preferences-Startup and repair" helped. But it will reset all including workspaces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines