• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

file path for replacing the footage via script ae

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to convert windows file path into  An Extendscript File object. (that is  app.project.item(index).replace(file)

and convert 
"E:\Automate Editing\second_attempt\ae\basic_ae_project\media\png_pics_ae_script_basic_auto\img_11.png" into this image 
Annotation 2022-01-25 130250.jpg
i got that path by using 

app.project.item(index).mainSource.file

I am tryinng for days to ge this tried encodeURI and File.encode too. How to get the path for file to replace  the footage. Thanks in advance.
TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

It's difficult to answer fully without understanding where you're trying to get the replacement file path from. Are you just trying to copy / paste it from the file explorer?

I'm not especially familiar with dealing with this issue but it's probably related to the backslash character being reserved for escape characters (you might want to google that). So if you're not careful handling those strings those backslashes will vanish completely. If you were getting replacement paths using something l

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to answer fully without understanding where you're trying to get the replacement file path from. Are you just trying to copy / paste it from the file explorer?

I'm not especially familiar with dealing with this issue but it's probably related to the backslash character being reserved for escape characters (you might want to google that). So if you're not careful handling those strings those backslashes will vanish completely. If you were getting replacement paths using something like a file select dialog then this wouldn't be an issue anyway, only if you were copy/pasting it from somewhere.

Instead of a backslash I think either a forward slash or two backslashes would work. It doesn't need to look exactly like that screengrab, there are a number of filepath formats accepted:

var theFile = new File("E:\\Automate Editing\\second.....");

var theFile2 = new File("E:/Automate Editing/second.....");

alert("exists = " + theFile.exists + " " + theFile2.exists);

alert(theFile.absoluteURI + " " + theFile2.absoluteURI);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes it worked i used File(path) with \\ for file path. Thanks a lot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines