• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Missing

Participant ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I'm using After Effects I always get an error message saying that imported files are missing, despite the fact that they are still on my computer. Does anyone know why this is?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many reasons for this (which version are you using? OS?), but usually always "directory" related.

• The simplest reason is that the files were moved relative to where they were when the file was saved (this includes if the folders were renamed)
  • Sometimes it is a file directory (structure) error. 
  • Sometimes it is a duplicate path error or super-nested directory error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree with what the expert suggested. What happens when you relink the files? Do they unlink every time you open the project file? What's the version of After Effects you're using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-...

Let us know.

Thank,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines