• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find 3D collapsed layer's efficient bounds in Smart Pre Render

Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. To find a 2D layer's efficient bounds, we checkout the layer with the request rect:

PF_RenderRequest req = extra->input->output_request;

ERR(extra->cb->checkout_layer(in_data->effect_ref,
SKELETON_INPUT,
SKELETON_INPUT,
&req,
in_data->current_time,
in_data->time_step,
in_data->time_scale,
&in_result));

The in_result.result_rect is the efficient extents of the vector layer. Turn the layer to 3D, the extra->input->output_request is the same size (the composition dims) except checking out the layer now gives an in_result.result_rect as the dimensions of the entire composition, which is not efficient at all especially at high resolutions. If the layer is 10px by 10px in a 4k composition, the input is now 4k.

Is there a way to get the efficient rect? I tried AEGP_GetLayerMaskedBounds which returns the efficient floating point bounds in layer space. I then tried to get that in world space by plugging it into a matrix4 and multiplying it by the layer2World matrix returned from AEGP_GetLayerToWorldXform but I must be doing something wrong because it's not working correctly. I figure this workaround is overkill and there's likely something I'm missing, if someone could please point me in the right direction. Thank you.
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?