• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash at the end of a rendered mov file when it is converted to an .mp4by Adobe

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  I'm rendering video with an alpha layer which is saved as a .mov file.  The .mov file plays just fine, however, when it is converted into an mp4 the rendered conversion by Adobe produces a strange blue or white flash at the very end of each conversion.  I have to use an mp4 for the app it needs to go into it.  Can anyone suggest what might be the issue?  Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact info about the render settings your system and so on we can't really tell you much. Perfectly imaginable that the Alpha is causing some blip during encoding and of course there could be things like render settings mismatches, issues with hardware accelerated ancoding and so on. Either way, you have to provide more specific details. In fact even a screenshot of the glitch might be useful in guessing what could cause it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm rendering in Apple Pro Res 4444 and enabling RGB + Alpha, then saving to a .mov file, that I uploaded to Adobe for a resultant conversion from a .mov to .mp4 format.  Attached are the results. You'll find a 'flash' at the end of the mp4 video.  There is no flash seen in the .mov file.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also uploaded the AE file.  This is a very simple text animation, however, it appears something is going wrong in the encoding or I'm doing something wrong in AE.  I do have a high end spec laptop, using Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an interesting workflow you've created.  Would it not be simple once you have the ProRes file to have AME convert it to both the MOV and MP4 ?  I'm not sure you're gaining anything using the online conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should have mentioned I've tried both ways, online and via AME, but with the same results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines