Flipping a page of a book BUT text can be seen from the other side of the page

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please can someone help with this query.
I'm creating a short and simple (well it was supposed to be) animation in AE. I'd like to turn the pages of a book and have created 'Page 1' as an individual composition. When I look at the back view of the composition in AE the text on the page doesn't show through, but when I go to the main composition 'Lee's Book' and play the animation the text shows through on the back of the page almost as if the page was transparent.

I can't get my head around this and would really appreciate some help.

Thank you,

Rebecca

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Becky, sorry I can't use your .aep (I'm on an old version), however I suspect your problem may be that your text is sitting in the same Z space as your page. If so, move your text 1 or 2 pixels in Z space so they don't interact.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Page Turn does not have "3D pages". A backside must be built separately and referenced in the effect in addition to the front page. It's in no way required to even use 3D layers in the pre-compositions for this and likely that's simply where your confusion comes from. I would suggest you actually look up a good tutorial and read the online help on the effect, limited as it may be. Also in the future it may be more useful to provide screenshots rather than project files. People often can't download files for various reasons or are unwilling to do so over certain concerns.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines