Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder Update

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if the following is possible: 

Say for example you import a folder from your hard-drive into AE, which has a multitude of different files, jpgs, pngs, mp3s etc. You're updating the folder on your hard-drive with new files, as you work on your project in AE. However, each time you update the folder, you also have to manually update the same folder in AE. Is it possible to automate this process? Like a refresh of the folder if that makes sense. 

Thanks, 

Louis. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE will reload any assets every time the project is opened. Of course if names change, new assets are added and so on there is nothing AE can do. There are a few "smart import" scripts out there on AEScripts.com, but don't expect anything miraculous. It's simply not how AE works. All references are absolute paths, so there is simply no way to continually update folders and account for everything that has changed. it would require a fundamental change in how some stuff in AE works.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My upcoming extension Automation Blocks has a feature for exactly that. If you want to join the private beta, please send me an email to info@mamoworld.com and mention that you are interested in the feature to sync folders.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the pro IO plugin https://aescripts.com/pro-io/ i think it should help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines