• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage shot at 4096 x 3024 How should I interpret Bringing into Ae

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should I interpret this footage as I bring it into After Effects? They are 4096 x 3024 .exr

Would love to composite the shots at the right aspect ratio. Appreciate any input Thank You.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99% chance this is square pixels. If there is no included audio track and metadata info you'll have to guess at the frame rate. AE's default is 30 fps. You can pick any frame rate you want if you don't have to sync audio. If you do have to sync audio I hope there is a slate somewhere.

Another important question; what is the shot going to be used for? If it is going in another film you need to know frame size and frame rate. The frame size you stated is very close to Film 4K so that might be what you are looking at. 

If this image sequence came from a camera there is a slight chance that the footage may be shot with an anamorphic lens. If that is the case you can try the 2:1 Anamorphic setting and see if things that should be round, look round. If they don't then your footage is square pixels. 

You never look like an amateur if you ask questions about the footage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was shot with Cook Anamorphic Lenses (that only cover super 35, non large format 4096 x 3024)

I tried the 2:1 Anamorphic interpolation and it looks right. Had to size the clip down to 49.6 to fit right.

It is for a movie. thank you for your help and Kindness Much Appreciated. I might be reaching out again

before it is all said and done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines