• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

footage shows as white area within composition - played proper

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to AE and constantly hitting simple to fix brick walls, but this one has me stuck...
When I drop a short mp4/mov footage clip into After Effects I can view the clip independently, but once I drop it into a composition it just shows as a white box. The first couple of times I did it the footage played fine within the comp, but now it doesnt. 

I've purged All Memory & Disc Cache, and turned it off and on again, tried alternate clips etc. but still the same - could it be a preview option I've accidently changed or something else? 

As I said... I'm stuck! 

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

You have the color display set to Alpha only. It's the three little circles about in the middle of the Composition Panel. Change that to RGB.

RickGerard_0-1655750712870.png

That should fix the problem. 

* The "Drag & Drop here..." area works, but it is a pain for the forum users to access the photos. You can use the toolbar, drag your pictures to the reply field, or even copy and paste the file directly in the reply field, then size them up so we can easily see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sarahn90701080,

Sorry for your issue.

Is it happening with this particular footage? What's the source of the footage? Is it a screen recording or recorded on a camera? Also, what are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)?

Please try disabling Hardware Accelerated Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels in After Effects Preferences > Display.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the color display set to Alpha only. It's the three little circles about in the middle of the Composition Panel. Change that to RGB.

RickGerard_0-1655750712870.png

That should fix the problem. 

* The "Drag & Drop here..." area works, but it is a pain for the forum users to access the photos. You can use the toolbar, drag your pictures to the reply field, or even copy and paste the file directly in the reply field, then size them up so we can easily see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines