Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

For the love of it... please - Spacebar to play

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why after so many years is there still an intermittent issue with pressing spacebar to preview. If i restart AE is goes back to expected fucntionality. I've got no special settings. No caching issue. No low ram etc etc.

I've had this problem throughout the past 10 years with AE. Multiple rigs, multiple versions of AE - it's the single thing that's been consistent. 

Some one give me an answer or tell me it's a known bug in the software that's for some reason impossible to fix. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What bug? What issues? Juist posting generic "This sucks!" posts is not useful to anyone without proper technical info. And it seems that despite your claim of using AE for ten yoears you do not understand the limitations of this feature, how it came about, when it may simply be more adequate to use traditional RAM previews, how hardware accelerated functions relate to it. You may simply have to accept it. Anything else will require proper technical information.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No need to get defensive my guy. Although you live for this forum...so i get it. 

The issue with pressing spacebar to preview. It intermitently plays / previews. If i restart AE the issue goes. 

Happens on mutiple rigs. Happened for years. No clear or obvious explination - it's clearly something i'm missing...

Running a Threadripper 3070 with 120gb of RAM and a founders 3090 on one rig with a i9 64gb ram and 2080Ti / 1080 gpu's. Both have this issue. 

There's nothing special i'm doing here. It's just a basic preview on pretty basic projects. There's 100% no issue with the cache getting filled or anything relating to the system. Lots of headroom. 

It's something in the software - possibly a setting somewhere. It's the intermittent aspect of it that's frsutrating. No clear pointers as to why.

Happy for you to detail the limitations of that feature. It'll maybe highlight the issue. Fill your boots bud. 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines