• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forming threads into a solid object

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm pretty new to after effects and I'm trying to find a way to get some threads to weve together and eventually make a solid png sequence, but I cant seem to find any tutorials that do something like this.

I've been having a play with the trapcode plugin and made some nice weaving threads but I just don't know how I would progress it into one solid shape (in my case, a bulldog silhouette). Does anyone have any tips/ideas?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If at all you have to start in reverse using a bulldog-shaped layer emitter (or multiple of those) and then emit your spaghettis from them with lights in the scene and Null objects providing forces and guide paths. This could then be pre-composed/ pre-rendered and time-reversed. Additionaly you could likely integrate additional paths using TAO. However, this is going to be extremely complex to get right simply due to the limitations of AE's 3D space and the plug-in itself, so don't expect any quick results. Also simply consider 3D programs. Spline-based extrudes, replicators and path tracers that generate actual geometric tubes inside a 3D viewport and that can be manipulated directly with modeling tools and deformers are much easier to handle than jumping hoops in AE...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines