• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum problem : impossible to attach a ".aep" files to a post

Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I try to create a post on this forum (Adobe After Effects). But when I try to attach a "AE project" to my post and then preview my post, I received this error message, and my file is refused.

--- --- ---

Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 12.54.14.jpg

--- --- ---

- I tried to attach a fresh empty "AE project" created with AE 2021 on MacOS Big Sur, and checked the extension (.aep). Didn't worked.

- I tried to save my AE project on "Save as Copy As 17.x". Didn't worked.

- I tried to attach a Photoshop files. It worked.

=> Are we still able to post ".aep" files on this forum ?

Thank you for your help !

Jybe

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore the attached file (aa.psd). It was a test, and I wasn't able to remove it when I posted the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Dropbox or Google Drive to share AEP files. If you need to share the AEP file, that's the easiest option. The list of the supported file types shows up if the upload fails. It's a bit hard to read, but they are all there. Somehow AEP files were left off the list. 

(edit)

Are you sure your AEP file was not too big? Warp Stabilizer, Rotobrush, and a few other tools can bloat an AEP very quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer.

(it seems AEP files do appear in the list of valid file)

Anyway, I think I will do as you propose and upload my files a third-party service. Probably GitHub, and share a link pointing to this service, because I fear that I'll clean my Dropbox once, and the file will be gone for everyone :S

Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines