• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frozen screen when rendering?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try rendering my ae (cc) project it freezes a couple seconds into rendering (the video is 30 seconds long), I’ve also tried using media encoder to render it as well but it it always fails to render it. I’ve tried rendering it on quicktime and avi but neither format work, help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any useful info like exact version of AE, render settings, system info, details about the composition. if it always stops at the same spot, it stands to reason that something specific happens at this time - an effect may kick in, the footage be damaged or you simply run out of disk space somewhere. Based on your lack of information we can't know.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would check your footage at the point where it freezes and as mentioned check if is damaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Underneath your render "loading" bar on the left-hand side is an arrow called "Current Render." Click this to see a detailed progress of your render. This could give you a clue as to what effect is tripping your render up (if it is an effect). Otherwise, it could be a corrupt footage issue / disk space issue / etc.

Also, try clearing cache / restarting computer / etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely forgot to add the details until I had posted it, the version of ae I'm using is after effects cc 2018. The composition consists of 23 layers, eleven of which are adjustment layers with added transition presets and the other twelve are .mov clips. The video stops rendering about 2 seconds in and the screen freezes forcing me to shut it down and restart my computer. I have attempted rendering the project about 5 times but all times this has continued to occur. After attempting to render this project, performance speed in my computer has slowed down and is delayed. I'm not currently sure if it's because I don't have enough RAM, my computer isn't powerful enough to handle it or if it is a glitch within after effects that has caused the problem.

These are my current render settings and my system info:

ae.PNGae 2.PNGae 3.PNGae 4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could restart your computer?! If it's still slow, then your drivers or CoDecs have gone awry. Check your device manager. that might also explain your crashes - a non-working audio driver could be desastrous when rendering stuff with audio.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red187,

Are you still having trouble with rendering? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still am having issues!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines