• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

getting a black screen when I export my after effects file to animated gif

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've created several simple animations in Adobe After Effects and have successfully exported some. However, the last several I have created just render a black box. It doesn't have anything to do with the background transparency issue that I have seen many conversations about. I've uninstalled and reinstalled in case I changed some setting I don't know about. Anyone have any ideas? I've got many ads due to a client and I'm at my wits end.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact info about your system, your projects and possibly screenshots we can't tell you much. You need to be more specific.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium. I'm attaching a screen shot of details of the mac I'm working on, a still of the ad and of media encoder. I'm new to AE and ME, so I'm not sure what images I should be sharing. The project is very simple - a couple of fades and text and graphics moving up/down, left/right. No sound, no photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turn off hardware acceleration in the preferences for AE and AME. There's a bug where things won't work with hardware acceleration on older intel-based Macs and you have to use software-only mode.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines