• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting font size from a text layer

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm making animated templates with a base text that can be changed directly in Premiere Pro as a graphic element.
However my base text gets duplicated in the animation. So no worries i just use the string and get it from any duplicates to the original source text layer. And like that i can change the font, the style, etc... Everything works. EXCEPT the size of the font, and i don't know why. I can't seem to find an expression either to do what i want to, so i'm posting a request here 😞

Capture d’écran 2022-07-18 à 15.06.32.png

This first screenshot is my text being nicely duplicated but smaller, because i changed the font size of the base white text after doing it.

Capture d’écran 2022-07-18 à 15.06.18.png

Just an explication of what my animation is, with mask and stuff the color change, but it's the same text, wich work as long as i don't change the font 😕 

Capture d’écran 2022-07-18 à 15.03.19.png

This final screeshot is where i change the font when i export the template for Premiere Pro, but changing the size doesn't affect the other layers :(.  

Thanks in advance for anyone that take times to reply.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Text style expressions have limitations. Instead apply a text animator that controls the size and wire up that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text style expressions have limitations. Instead apply a text animator that controls the size and wire up that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mylenium, thansk for your answer ! 
But i don't see what you mean, sorry. Do you mean like a preset wich is already in After Effect? Or a plug-in animator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot Mylenium ! Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines