Gif frame delay

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a gif into Ae, the last frame lasts a little longer before looping back to the first. This is very noticable. Even when exporting, the last frame is delayed compared to the orginal, unedited gif. Why does this happen? 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry for the trouble. Which version of After Effects are you using? What's the source of the gif?

Letus know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is Ae 2021 version 18.4.0.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The source of the gif is from ezgif.com. I saved multiple png and compiled them into a .gif format using that website and importing them into Ae to edit them. Upon playing the the gif, there is a delay at the last frame. Now I am thinking that the time between each frame is different from the original file when imported into Ae.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines