• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gif optimization - I'm looking for Tools /Software /Plugins for Photoshop/AE/or stand alone (MACOS)

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for gif optimization tools that are really good and efficient and can greatly optimize GIFs and reduce them with very good quality > and yes, that seems to exist, because my customer sent me an example gif that amazed and delighted me. Unfortunately, no one knows who and how it was created.

I have the following task:
The client sent me the AE file and an example gif that is 1920x1080 pixels, 2MB, 7 seconds long with 175 frames. The background is a constant, very soft purple gradient across all frames and the logo animates in the middle. The sample gif seams to have a pattern dithering in it and is surprisingly un-noisy, i tried nearly everything that seamed possible, but i could not find a satisfying solution.

My client needs as a 7 second, 175 frames, 2mb, 1920x1080 gif in exaktly this amazing quality.

The online tools I've found that are semi-useful - like ezgif - are pretty good at optimizing consistent pixels in the background, but can only handle 50mb gifs or a 100mb video as a base for optimization (which would be too little for a smooth gradient in my case).

Does anyone know of software, plugins or online tools for really good GIF optimization with multiple adjustment options for bigger video or gif files as input?

Are there any solutions for Photoshop/After Effects or software that works as a separate desktop solution (MACOS)? > no matter if free or paid.

PS: Unfortunately I'm not allowed to share the sample gif.
PPS: Webexport in Photoshop leads to no result, any AE gif exporter I found created 80-100 MB gif files.
PPPS: Deleting even more frames in the gif or shortening animation is out of question.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS?
Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corel Draw seems to have a pretty good exporter since they basically introduced a completely new export module two or three years ago. Otherwise this simply sounds like the project may have been created with the later GIF use in mind and e.g. the background have been imported as a pre-made, optimized graphic. Even then of course some poor person might still have had to go through it frame by frame in Photoshop. I never worked much with Flash/ Animate, but it supports per-pixel manipulations for sprites and such as well as local per object palettes, so this may have been part of the workflow as well.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A little while ago, I made an investigation video into all the different options I could see for creating GIFs, and the various pros and cons of each result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hisfh4Me5AA

In the end it boiled down to what your subscription was versus are you prepared to use a Freemium service like Giphy

An investigation into all the different ways to make animated image files. Turns out there is more than one option to create a GIF from @AdobeVideo After Effects. In this video, I run an example H.264 MP4 video through all the different options I could find. And all the differences within those ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines