• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glitchy keyboard in AE only

Explorer ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - so this is kinda weird, but when I'm entering text in After Effects, my keyboard doesn't work correctly. I type pretty quickly. But when I'm typing in any other app (like here for example), I have no troubles getting every character entered. When I type in a text field in After Effects, for some reason it keeps missing letters. I have to go back and slowly add those letters. This has never happened to me before.

Yesterday I had to uninstall AE 16.1.1 and go back to 16.0 because of a different issue. But this has happened in both 16.0 and 16.1. I've already cleared my cache and restarted everything. I'm using a Mac Pro (late 2013) in 10.14.2.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining that very well, but it's pretty strange. Any suggestions? It's slowing me down.

And like I said - I can type really fast in any other situation with no problems. I'm only getting a slow responsive keyboard in After Effects.

Thanks.

++bronson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

somewhere between ae v13 and v14 they changed the redraw system.

the new ae is much slower than the old versions regarding user interactions, what you are experiencing is totally normal.

if you dont like it, use older versions of after effects.

you can read all about this here:

AE CC 2018 ridiculously slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. I agree with much of the sentiment in that thread. However, my issue of slow text entry is relatively new for me. It did not happen back in v14. I only started noticing it in the past month or so. I use AE every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had similar problems with text recently, its very hard to tell what it is and it can fluctuate a lot.

Sometimes is slow sometimes is extremely slow. to a point that is just impossible to work.

And i also asked in the forum for help but i couldnt find a solution.

i just think that at this point ae is in a very bad state and its not safe to work with new versions, too many unpredictable and unsolvable issues. my general advise is always to use the old versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it's been months and a couple of updates and my keyboard is still slow to enter text in After Effects only. I don't pay a monthly subscription fee to use the old versions of AE. Adobe - any news on this? It's driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Someone at the help desk had me close a few windows in my workspace and typing is back to normal. So - the fix is to close all those extra plug-ins you have on your second monitor. Like I said to the helpdesk person, I'm glad to find a solution to this problem that's been driving me crazy - but this is not an acceptable long-term solution. I use three or four plug-ins constantly. I should be able to have them all open at once if I like. I really hope Adobe fixes this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is a really unfortunate solve. it's not really a solve at all. 

but thanks for sharing it! this has been driving me nuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines