• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Global markers that span nested compositions!

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am deeply puzzled by the absence of a feature for Global Markers in Adobe After Effects. This feature would greatly benefit the workflow for those of us working on complex projects.

A practical example of this is when working with music and marking the beats of the music in the main composition, but needing to adjust layers in nested compositions to match those beats. Without the ability to view these markers in the nested compositions, it becomes a tedious and difficult task.

Additionally, even when having both the main composition and the nested composition open on the same screen, the timeline indicator does not move consistently as you change the indicator in the main composition. In some cases, it will only move for a portion of the timeline in the nested composition, as shown in the attached video.

I strongly believe that the implementation of a Global Marker feature would greatly enhance the efficiency and ease of use for those of us working on complex projects, and I urge the Adobe team to consider its development.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Scripting , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?