• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Acceleration Greyed Out

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Lenovo P500 Workstation, with Intel Xeon E5 2690 v3 Processor, 64GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro M5000 8GB Graphics and running After Effects 2023. 

My Playback Engine options are only limited to :"CPU only", and I can not enable GPU Acceleration both in After Effects as well as Media Encoder

Please help

Thanks n Regards

Amogh

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

I re-installed Windows on my workstation and now it works like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing the latest graphics driver:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/201360/en-us/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried that.... the driver is updated to the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the 528.89 version? If so, can you try 531.41? Here's the link to download: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/200384/en-us/

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I re-installed Windows on my workstation and now it works like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I had old GPU card such as GTX  960

I used to folow this path:

1- create one backup c: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe After Effects CC 2014 \ Support Files \ optix.1.dll I just renamed optix.1.dll in optix.1_bak.dll

2- Copy the downloaded file in the c: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe After Effects CC 2014 \ Support Files \

In the after effect turn "Enable untested, unsupported CPU for CUDA acceleration or ray-traced 3D renderer" or you can add your card in the c: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe After Effects CC 2014 \ Support Files \ raytracer_supported_cards.txt

it worked. 5 years ago. I dont know your card is cold that is not supported in the list or not. maybe you should check ? 

Sincerely

Hüseyin Durak

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no .dll file named optix to rename and same goes for raytracer txt file.

Although I found the text file in AE 2020 support files, and listed my card name there, and replaced it as well as placed that text file in 2023 support files. But it's all in vain. No help from this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines