• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU effects error

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever i apply the lumetri color effects this happens...

1.PNG

I've never had this problem before and I've been using AE for more than 2 years now, any solutions ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Hello,

The effect requests more size of the memory on your GPU. You change your graphic card which is more powerful or change the use of CPU instead of GPU in your preference of After Effects although it becomes slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The effect requests more size of the memory on your GPU. You change your graphic card which is more powerful or change the use of CPU instead of GPU in your preference of After Effects although it becomes slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change from GPU to CPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have this problem and it can not be problem with GPU ram because i have Nvidia GTX1080ti with 10g Vram.

Do you have any solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this message today as well when viewing a composition on full quality that was made on another computer. At first I thought that maybe my Macbook just doens't have enough memory to view the composition. But one layer of 2000x2000 with one Curves effect and three Glow effects isn't that heavy. I've created far more complex projects on this machine. 

I decided to recreate the project from scratch, but this time on my Macbook. Now everything works and I can view the composition in full quality without any error messages. So I get the feeling that something goes wrong when opening a project from another computer. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry ToolfarmJP,

That solution can not be the Correct Awnser,

please, ask to your work mates.

My GPU is 6GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does this mean i need more RAM in my pc or just a better graphics card. I have a nvidia geforce gtx 1650.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mate. Did you find out what was wrong? I have same video card and I got this GPU error just scale an adjustment layer by transformation effect. I think gtx 1650 should've easily handled it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never did. I think it was due to the card running out of memory. The 4 gb
card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it will work for you, but what did help me: I reinstall the latest GeForce NVIDEA Studio driver but I chose "clean install" not ''express" one. I mean you need to choose complete installation and then when it'll go throught it you'll have an option "clean install''

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this error now. And its not from my GPU because i have made a lot of more complicated stuff with it insteat putting FAST Blur on a light composition. Its just don`t wanna render with GPU whatever i do. Sam effect on same style project NO PROBLEMS till today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have this problem and it can not be problem with GPU ram because i have Nvidia GTX1080ti with 10g Vram.

Do you have any solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, any solution found yet? Seems like many people are experiencing this but I can't seem to find an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had my GPU for 6 years, a GTX 770 with 2bg ram. And I've only had this error a handful of times when my workload was very extensive when I was working with 3D and shadows, etc. Now I'm just trying to render a simple JPEG and it keeps giving me this error. I've also been having problems with the render, the photo doesn't render properly and has a lot of glitchy artifacts on it. Is my GPU starting to die out? As I said, I've been rendering JPEG's on this machine for 6 years and it's just been recent that I've been getting this error.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I get the same error on my brand new machine at home too, not as often but still with a minuscule workload. I got it only 1 year ago and it's got a GTX 1080 ti with 11 gb of ram.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue with my 770. Like above, I've had it for 6 years and it just started giving me issues around the start of this year...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im  facing the same error but i think my built is capable of taking load of ae

Specifications:

1060ti 6gb 

I5 8600

8gb 3200mhz

Please can you help me out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this error on a comp that wasn't too crazy and I've had heavier comps in the past however the software render option is actually not good if you have effects that require GPU rendering. I did solve the error which was disabling a lumetri color effect on one of the layers (the effect was raising the exposure by 1 stop and had a blur effect below it). Toggle it on and off and the error comes up again. So most likely it is a color effect since adobes lumetri color is trash anyways. The answer on this thread is ludicrous since no one is going to buy a new GPU for an after-effects error so just want to help by saying toggle your effects first before buying anything new. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case there was a problem with a *.webm file. I converted it to a *.mp4 and the error was gone. Hope it helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my problem is kind of [?] similar. when i go to the GPU informations, it shows that the total GPU memory ia 1.96 GB and requires 2GB or greater, but my pc has exactly 2GB, so why does it show less? if anyone knows the answer, please help! thank you muchs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cant believe the owners of this software cant give an answer, dont pay for this ppl pls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines