• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU error: After Effects can’t render. GPU error.

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly started having GPU render issues. AE won't render an 8k project using any 3D effects or layers. It keeps telling me to change to software rendering.

changed drives, rolled back, but same issue. Have done a benchmark test and system working at optimal level. No GPU issues.

all our systems are identical and they're all having the same issue, so presume this is an AE glitch?

System spec:

Windows 10 Pro

nvudia 2080

32bg ram

intel i7 4ghz processor

10tb Sata raid

500gb solid state scratch

250gb solid state system drive

in the middle of a lot or vfx shots for a big client with deadline looming and can't have these issues.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Likely some hard-coded limit somewhere or a bug in the graphics driver returning wrong info that bombs out stuff. If you're that much in a pinch, though, I can't really see a way to fix this in a timely manner. That's unfortunately the crux of all this GPU stuff. Perhaps you really need to switch to software-only rendering and just power through, even if it means occupying every machine in the office nad sending people home early so the renders run all day and night.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines