• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient transparency, Saber effect, web use, what format to maintain the transparent background?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey friends, I need your help!

I made an animation in AE and now have issues as I need to export it for web use:

1. The animation has gradient transparency, so I can't do .gif format, since it completely loses the smooth gradient transparency with .gif format;
  2.  I used Saber effect for the animation, so I failed again when I was trying to do .Json file, as it doesn't support the Saber effect.

.mov format won't be an option neither as the file size is huge! What format should I do?

Thank you very much!

The animation is something similar to these:Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.48.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.49.25 AM.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brutally honest answer: You can't have everything. In such a case it's best to not use any transparency at all and bake the background into the image and optimize the heck out of an animated GIF or an MP4 video. Otherwise you have to live with the limitations. There is really no way to accommodate and reconcile your requirements.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your reply, Mylenium! I did this animation for other people and I'll tell them about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no standard media players for web pages that support transparency. Adobe Animate can generate similar-looking effects for the web using code. You're trying to force video to do what video for the web cannot do. You need to use different tools or live with the limitations of the 256 available colors in the GIF format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines