• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient turns grey/black and white when create shape form vector layer

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to animate illustration from Ai (.ai file layers are prepared - every single part of the animation is on a separet layer) so I can make lottie file from After Effects (Bodyovin plug in).

The issue I'm getting is: 

When I try to create a shape from vector layer (illustration created in Ai) all of the gradients I used turned gray , black or dissapear. The gradients are simple - linear gradient with only two colrs.

22-01.jpg33-01.jpg

I have tested another thing in Ae : Creted two simple shapes (rectangles) and apllied gradient to it (simple gradient with two colors blue and white) after that tried to render the file with bodymovin and the prewiew shows the gradient only black and white. Please I need help.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is expected. AI gradients cannot be translated to shape layer gradients due to different functionality. You may want to read the online help on what stuff actually comes across and whatnot. and in your case I can't even see how translating everything to native vector art would even be useful. Saving the artwork as PNGs would be much more efficient. Just because you can, not everything on the web needs to be an SVG/ vector canvas animation. You might want to re-evaluate what actualyl is the best method for your web stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines