• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graph doesn’t show up

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got after affects and I have been trying to use graphs but it doesn't show up. I tried scrolling, pressing the "fit all graphs to view", highlighting my keyframes, so maybe i'm just missing something. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to have a keyframed property selected in the timeline for anything to show up in the graph editor. The cropped screenshot is useless for diagnosing your problem but I'm positive you do not have a property that has keyframes selected.

Speed graphs are useful for adjusting the timing of position properties, rotation, scale, even color, and sometimes time-remapping depending on what you are doing with time remapping. . Value graphs are useful for rotation, scale and that's about it. Value graphs are completely useless when it comes to editing a motion path. 

Maybe this tutorial I recently put up will help you understand and use the Graph Editor effiectively. There are more tutorials on the Graph editor on the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the image, it showed me that you and I were facing the same issue. I watched the video that was provided by another user, and while it outlined the basics of this tool, it did not address this problem. I'm sure you figured this out a year ago, but I am dropping a note for anyone else who finds this later. 

Quitting After Effects and opening it back up again resolved this issue for me. It seems like it's one of those Adobe bugs that happens when you're overdue for an update, which I am. If a good old fashioned quit and re-open doesn't do the trick, try checking if you have an After Effects update available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is pretty easy.  Select keyframes and then click again on Graph Edit.  Problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work for me. I have my keyframes selected and no graph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the little eyeball icon after opening the graph editor and select "show selected properties". 

Näyttökuva 2023-7-30 kello 19.39.46.pngNäyttökuva 2023-7-30 kello 19.39.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHHHH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines