• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gray Box appearing after creating shapes from vector layer

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm watching a video tutorial, and it says to do a step I need the shapes from my vector layer (.AI so it can be transparent). Every time I create the shapes, a gray box appears in place. When I remove the fill, there's nothing there. Please  help, I'm new to this and would really aprecciate it. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

The gray box usually represents an AI feature that isn't supported in AE. The most common cause has to do with the more recent AI gradient features. Sometimes, the AI Artboard comes along for the ride and it also appears as a gray box but this will appear on its own Shape>Content>Group. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gray box usually represents an AI feature that isn't supported in AE. The most common cause has to do with the more recent AI gradient features. Sometimes, the AI Artboard comes along for the ride and it also appears as a gray box but this will appear on its own Shape>Content>Group. 

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without any info about your artwork we can't really tell you much, but given how it looks and that it's only one layer it's likely either a pixel-based image that of course won't produce any actual vector data or you have not expanded your tracing and compound paths in Illustrator. It would probably be a good idea to read the online help for both programs on what features AE supports and the procedures required to generate usable data in AI.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines