• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green fringe importing AE video into Premiere

Participant ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I'm still very much a newbie.) When I export my chroma-key video from AE, it looks like the attached AE-black.png (black background) and/or AE-transparent.png (see the attached screenshots). No green fringe. I export using MOV/Apple 4444 because I want both RGB and alpha. But when I import the video into Premiere, my video has a green fringe that I don't see in AE. (See premiere.png)

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you definitely exporting an alpha channel? Put a layer behind the footage in Premiere to check.

Are you rendering your file color as "Premultiplied (matted)" or "Straight (unmatted)"?  7 times out of 10 I'd render Straight, but if you're compositing onto black or very dark backgrounds you may prefer the look of Premultiplied.

Make sure your output settings look like this:

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 11.35.36 am.png

 

If these settings still don't solve the problem, you need to use a Choke effect (either within your keyer like Keylight, or apply one of the standalone Choke filters, to trim a few extra pixels from the edge of your key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm positive I selected RGB + Alpha (and verified with static image behind the chroma-keyed clip).

> ...file color as "Premultiplied (matted)" or "Straight (unmatted)

I'm going to have to look up what this means.

I'm not seeing anything I need to choke in AE. And in Premiere (where the problem manifests itself) I couldn't find a 'choke' effect per se, but I applied UltraKey, made the transparency my key color (?), and the choke setting worked like a charm.

I still don't understand why what my clip looks like when I render it in AE looks so very different when I import it into Premiere. But 'choke' solved my immediate problem. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines