• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grid of Headshot Photos popping in?

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!  I need to make a grid of Headshot Photos popping in.  About 6 rows of 9 squares, each containing a heaedshot photo. I want each square to "pop in" in a random order.  Each square should probably be its own comp so if I need to swap out photos I can.  Is there a way automate this?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could of course create all sorts of convoluted expressions and scripts, but honestly, why would you do that for a measly 6 x 9 grid? Hand-animating this and copy & pasting a few keyframes around takes 15 minutes...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True! ... I should have mentioned that there are a total of about 140 headshot photos that we'll need to pan down to see as they "pop" in... So maybe I do need some convoluted expressions and scripts? Thanks for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layout your grid of photos, pre-compose, then use Card Dance or Card Wipe to animate the photo reveal. There are a few decent Card Dance tutorials out there. It's pretty easy to figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick! ... These seem really hard to control (for a grid of photos) , and also see to create shapes that "flip" over, which is not the look I'm going for . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Car dance is a little tricky but incredibly powerful and it does a lot more than just flip. You can scale, control the transparency, fly in and out of 3-D space. All very easily controllable with a gradient or even expressions. It just takes a little while to get the hang of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK... I'll take a closer look. Thanks Rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines