• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Handling Long Stadium LED videos

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to create an animation for a stadium LED display, and it was just over 18,000 pixels wide.  After effects handled it just fine, and I output it as a Quicktime file.  I was able to deliver it using an After effects template they sent, so the job is done.  However, I did run into something that has me wondering.  I tried to open it in AME and convert it to another format, but AME maxed out at 16,000 pixels.  I also couldn't open it in Quicktime or Quicktime Pro to preview it.   Quicktime just showed a black screen and Quicktime Pro crashed, though they both played a smaller video (11,000 pixels) from the same project. 

Just out of curiosity, and for future reference, is there a way to handle files like this in the Adobe Suite, or does it require specialized software?

Thanks,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those limits are hard limits in the respective programs or even the file formats themselves. There is no way to circumvent this. Even in AE the 16000 pixel limited has only been lifted in more recent time, so feel lucky that you actually weren't stuck with an older version where this wouldn't have been possible.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,
How did you render the final Quicktime file, was it through "pre-render"? I use AME and my file tops at 16384 x 84. My intended size is 16480 x 90. I went a head and sent the file to our partner but it was a 1.02 GB mov file versus a 41 MB mp4 file. I cannot find a way with the Adobe products to create an mp4 that's over 16480 wide, even Premier tops at that width. I'm looking online for other converters that can convert my 16480 x 90 "mov" file to an mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A display like that has specific hardware required to play the video. The hardware has a users, manual, or a guide and specifies the file type and format as well as the frame rate. You need to check the user guide. That will point you to the correct workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines