• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Harry potter teleportation effect

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to recreate the teleportation effect in harry potter and the distortion on the whole screen.
Would you have an idea of which effect, plugin or script I should use?

I put you the video reference in attachment

TOPICS
Expressions , FAQ , Resources , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was probably constructed in Nuke using optical flow analysis and guiding the transitions with splines and tracker points as pins. You'd have to buy RevisionFX's RE:Flex and Twixtor Pro to even get close to being able to manipulate AE content with that level of control. That said, since it's super fast and a lot of things barely register, you can probably create the illusion with AE's distortion effects liek Mesh Warp, the puppet tool and a bit of Turbulent Displace to wobble things up and then add simple cross fades here and there. It will only require to isolate individual regions of the image with masks to be able to treat them differently.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for this very detailed answer, I will test this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines