Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have Shape Curve Along A Path Turning.

Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.👋

- I created a Path for a Shape to follow. The path has height and width.

(Custom View (from the Top))

Screenshot (436).png

- When the shape gets to a turning point, I want it to curve along the path; something of this nature.

Screenshot (435).png

I want the whole body of the shape to move along the path, not just the anchor point. Is this possible to execute?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try selecting the layer in the timeline and go to the top of the interface/Layer/Transform/Auto Orient/Orient along path. You may have to rotate your graphic to get it to face the right way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you matching the movement to a bent layer using the C4D Rendering engine? I that is the case, you'll have to open at least two views, Active Camera and Top or Left, then you'll have to manipulate the path to follow the curve.

If you are just using the Classic 3D rendering engine, you still have to use two views to create the curved motion path. It takes some fiddling, but it can be done. 

You can also use parenting and a null at the center of the arc. 

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to draw a path on a curved layer and have another layer follow that curved path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines