• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble finding the track z camera tool

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm watching a tutorial where the instructor is telling me to use the "track z camera tool" but I can't find it and I can only see the 3 camera tools, but I don't know how to get the track Z camera tool. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tutorial? There is no Track Z Camera Tool, but there is a Z-axis on the camera that you can grab and move. The way the camera moves depends on which orientation you have selected for the tools in the toolbar. I prefer Local Axis mode. It is the first one and it allows you to move the camera directly toward or away from the Point of Interest when using multiple views.

Beware sceptical of the tutorials you look at. Most of them are prepared by well-meaning enthusiasts and they are poorly explained, many have inefficient workflows, and quite a lot of them are just the wrong way to go about something. When you have problems with a tutorial it is important that you post a link so we can know what you are trying to do.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7452a8ybiM this is the tutorial I was watching, around 54:35.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was watching the same video and had the same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give some examples of good beginner tutorials?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the Learn workspace in After Effects using the Window/Workspace/Learn menu.

Try the Adobe After Effects Product page or the home page of this forum. You'll find the User Guide there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That tutorial has 350 thousand views and I would give the workflow a C and the recommended use of the UI a C-.

If you are using CC 2020, the toolbar has changed. You can still press the C key multiple times to step through the different camera tools, but manipulating the camera with these tools is quick but fairly inaccurate. If no layer is selected, the new unified tool will move the camera or change the view, but the C key still steps through the same options.

Using multiple views and grabbing the actual X, Y, or Z handles on the 3D cursor with the 3D tools set to local axis mode is by far the easiest way to manipulate the camera. 

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this helps! 

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your question. I am doing the same tutorial, and was having the same issue! This is so helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, your response helped me too as I am doing the same tutorial. I am learning After Effects on my own. Can you suggest better tutorials that are free? I actually really appreciate this one because it is the most clear explanation I have found yet. If there's something even better I'd love to know. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines