• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having Weird MOGRT Glitches/Missing Sources?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

I am currently using Adobe After Effects 2022 and have been trying to make some MOGRT templates for work.

However, two of my templates have had some weird source resources missing in them when in Adobe Premiere Pro (the software planned to be used to send the content to a Tricaster).

They are specifically with layers imported from Photoshop, but only with two of the renderings.

In After Effects for example, it will show up like this:

b212bd0e100662cf948344b553e42235.png

But in Premiere, they come out like this:

2cd55ce807a76630c872f733c6ec633c.png

For reference, all the files are being saved to the same USB stick so I can use them on my other PC for the broadcasts.

What is causing this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the sake of exploration, are you running into this same issue when you keep them on the same machine? When exporting to a CC Library? I'd try some of those variables and see if it makes any difference.

Does the Photoshop file have nested Smart Objects, or anything along those lines? If so, and if the above doesn't work, it might be worth exploring if rasterizing those layers makes a difference.

Clearly something along the line is losing its link, so I think narrowing down the variables of where that could be happening would be my first step. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the issue is popping up on the same PC and on different ones. I'm exporting to a folder I made on the USB to store the MOGRTs in one place.

The Photoshop files do not have smart objects for the areas causing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just confirmed, saving to local libraries does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're able to share, I'm happy to take a look to see if I can sleuth anything out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent you a DM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by making sure you actualkly have the correct same versions on every system, including updates. That also applies for Photoshop, as some shared libraries not being up to the same level could be causing issues. Otherwise the usual culprits come to mind: Failing hardware acceleration, botched caches, changed file paths plus what Kyle already hinted at.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will re-check to see if there is an update issue on my laptop. I did notice some of the newer effects were not there on the laptop (the newer CC effects) for Premiere.

It is doing the same thing on my main PC, as well, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this, I have a new variant of this issue; some layers working and others failing to sync for the Essential Graphics:

3a578b21d9737f96e11bb73874bd52c0.png

The colour boxes that did show up are from a Photoshop layer. However, the road logo, which also came from the Photoshop file, did not work. The outlines for some boxes imported properly, but others did not.

It is getting pretty confusing because some other Photoshop files, some with even more listings (including full colour swaps) worked seamlessly between After Effects and Premiere Pro, but not this (which includes just three text boxes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify the road boxes and road logo are in the same composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had OP send me some project files, and am also running into strange issues with the projects. From what I can tell, something is happening with the collection, where the media files are included, but perhaps the actual project file itself is corrupted or not being translated properly. This being the case, I can see how that same issue would be present in the exported MOGRT files, since that's effectively the same thing under the hood. 

OP, as suggested in my private communitcations, I would start by seeing if you can simplify your folder structure to shorten the file paths somewhat, just to eliminate that as a variable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried moving the files a few folders forward in my file path. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only fix I have found so far is saving the layers as PNGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Individually from After Effects, or from your original Photoshop file? If it's the latter, I think we've identified the source of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the original Photoshop file, then importing them into After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please file a Bug Report and include your solution. Thanks.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't been able to diagnose too much from my end, as I can't get the AE project file to open correctly. 

On my system, I'm running into several instances of each of these errors:

Screenshot 2022-07-19 104938.jpgScreenshot 2022-07-19 104923.jpg

and finally:

Screenshot 2022-07-19 105018.jpg

Once the project opens, it's clearly missing a lot of content. Like, the media links exist, but layers that should exist are pretty clearly not there on my system. 

@JPJournalism - idea: Create a brand new AE project, and import one of these existing projects into it. 
Do a Collect and then re-send that to me (or post here). Let's see if that's any healthier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines