HDR iPhone footage - After Effects dynamic link only using Color Space: Rec. 709

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro v22.0.0 and After Effects v22.0.1 and using HDR footage from my iPhone 12 Pro.

The Premiere Pro timeline is set for Rec 2100 HLG and exports as 10-bit fine using H.265 (software encoding only) for smaller file size.

However, when creating a dynamic link from Premiere Pro with a section of the iPhone footage to After Effects it uses Rec. 709, I have tried interpreting the footage within After Effects:

Project Panel > Interpret Footage > Color Space Override > Assign Profile: Rec.2100 HLG W203

But when I right-click the linked footage in Premiere Pro and select Properties, it still only shows Color Space: Rec. 709. 

This means the exported video changes colour/brightness when reaching the linked footage section.

Is there any way to get the linked footage to match the rest of the footage? Thanks.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?