• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HDR not displaying

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to setup an HDR color space using Windows HDR and HDR display (as my only and primary monitor)
But ticking Display Color Management doesn't seem to do anything, even when working in a Rec2100 space.
Highlights never go over pure white, even though windows is capable of doing so.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be much more specific and provide exact settings, screenshots, system info. From specific issues with hardware acceleration to simply missing a tick box somewhere this could be anything. That said, I have the feeling you may misunderstand HDR inside a color managed environment like AE vs. native Windows rendering and how it affects the displayed colors.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the comment.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
System Model TRX40 AORUS PRO WIFI
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor, 3693 Mhz, 32 Core(s), 64 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA GForce RTX 2080Ti
LG 32'' UltraFine Display OLED Pro Monitor | 32EP950

As far as I can see I have all the hardware acceleration to CUDA, not software.
The comp window just looks washed out like HDR looks on a non-HDR display.
HDR is enabled in Windows, and Premiere *is* showing HDR in the main window.

Julius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you actually working in 32bpc? Is the correct monitor profile used for the preview?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm working in 32bpc,

and what do you mean by monitor profile? - I'm just in 2020PQ color space, and have my monitor set to the same. And windows HDR is active.
Nothing in After effects exceeds the 100nits white point, no matter how much I pump up the exposure, and the scopes clearly show details in the 400 - 1000 nits range. But monitor clips the whites.
In Premiere it *does* work, but not in AE.
Driver issue? CUDA / DirextX issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're you able to find a solution?

I too am having trouble with my HDR content and exporting with after effects or media encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I found a solution.
Turns out it actually doesn't work in After Effects and it only works in the Beta version. So you can download and use the Beta version in stead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What beta version do you use? And what monitor card do you use? I got the same problem here, and my monitor card is "BMC Decklink Mini Monitor 4K", I have found what cause the problem.. PR could work because it got color gamut option inside video device setup:

微信图片_20230403001629.png

And After Effects does not!

QQ图片20230405165118.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines