• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[HELP] After Effects Expression to Motion Graphics template

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a lot of text layers in my composition, I added an expression to the Source Text

var textSlider = thisComp.layer("Texts Font").effect("Font Size")("Slider");

text.sourceText;
style.setFontSize(textSlider).setFont("Lato-Regular").setLeading(textSlider+10);

I linked a Slider Control, so I could adjust to font size in just one controller but when I drag 'Source Text' to Essential Graphics to make it a .mogrt, this message pops out.

Shouyo_0-1620394426523.png

I'm still new to expressions and especially coding, just learning about it last night since I've been asked to do a lot of tasks and I want to make this as a .mogrt so it would save me a lot of time rather than edit-render-import-repeat.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each property can only be placed into the Essential Graphics Panel (EGP) once. The message is telling you that you that this property is already in the  EGP.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, so the property that is already in EGP is Text 1, I wanna add Text 2 , 3, and so on to the EGP.

I think it's because of the expression? and if yes, where do I move this expression so that I could control all the text's font size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are certain the property you are trying to place into the EGP is not already in the EGP then it's a bug. The Expression should not throw such an error message.

The second line of your Expression is redundant although I doubt this is related to the error. I'm also not certain what kind of a solution you are intending to develop ā€“ to allow for font changes, you can click on the Edit Properties hotspot, next to the Text Entry area in the EGP.

FWIW, developing simple MoGRTs is quite straight forward but gets very complex quickly if you're not careful. Since you're new to this, I suggest setting up a road map that gives you time to develop the knowledge and experience in designing a viable and robust solution using MoGRTs.

Here's a glimpse of a very complex MoGRT, if you're keen to have a cursory look at something really advanced -
Responsive Design AE MoGRT 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

idk why but my AE just needed a restart. Just solved the problem but thanks for your help tho! šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, the old restart trick works again. I was going to suggest that you trash AE's Prefs but a re-start is the better first option before trashing prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines