Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help, I don't know what I'm doing.

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, guys, it's me again...

This time I have the problem that I can't insert the effect 'magnify'. No matter where I go, everything else works.

help.gif

Do you know what I have to do?

Greetings

Your TRG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Since you're ignoring the expression error Rick pointed out, I will as well.  So apart from that...

First of all you're not even applying the Magnify effect you're trying to apply a text preset.

On top of that you seem to be trying to apply it to a composition.

So.....?????

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can see from your screenshot is that you have an expression error. Get rid of that, select a layer, then double click Magnify in the Effects And Presets panel.

If that does not work create a new comp, add a solid, select the solid in the timeline then double click Magnify in the Effects and Presets Panel or drag it to the layer in the timeline or comp. If that works then there is something going on in your main comp that you have not explained or shown us.

If that does not work, save, close AE, reboot, and try again. If it still does not work, reset your preferences.

If that does not work show us a screenshot that shows all modified properties of the layer giving you problems. Just press the U key twice, PrintScreen and paste the screenshot to the forum so we can see what you are up against.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the screenshot

And i dont know how to fix it, im a noob in AE

Do you have TeamViewer or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

therealgamertrgonyt  wrote

im a noob in AE

Do you have TeamViewer or something?

I can see that.

Forget about your audio visualizer video.

Learn how to use After Effects.  https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/tutorials.html

Do the projects that the tutorials tell you do.  They're designed to teach you After Effects.

And no, I don't have team viewer. 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So It just occurred to me that you actually ARE trying to apply a text animation preset to text.  It's not working because your trying to drop it on a composition.  You have to apply it to text...hence the term "text preset".

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a Text Preset so far, so i just have to apply the magnify effect to the preset and take it to the spectrum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted a video of you trying to apply a text preset to a composition and claimed it was a video if you trying to apply the magnify effect and it not working.  So for sure something is not working correctly.    

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw this tutorial on YT, so i thought its right:

After Effects Tutorial: Audio Spectrum Effect [Trap Nation] - YouTube

And sorry guys the title is wrong... Ups

TRG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I search 'Magnify'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'mon Im searching and i found something interessting...

Apply Distort effects in After Effects

But these its not like i showed in the vid

After Effects Tutorial: Audio Spectrum Effect [Trap Nation] - YouTube

And i dont know where to search first...

HELP ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly where (time stamp) in the 15 minute video is the part not working for you.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gutterfish​ wrote:

Exactly where (time stamp) in the 15 minute video is the part not working for you.

therealgamertrgonyt  answered

Yes.

Seems to be a communication breakdown here.  Sorry.  I can't help any further.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Guys, believe it or not, i was searching the whole wrong thing... i searched under 'text' but i needed distort... now its working guys thx for your awesome support...

TRG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you figured it out.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the image you shared is 480 x 278.  If you share another screen shot make sure it's large enough that we can see. Minimum 1280 x 720 but 1920 x 1080 is even better

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you're ignoring the expression error Rick pointed out, I will as well.  So apart from that...

First of all you're not even applying the Magnify effect you're trying to apply a text preset.

On top of that you seem to be trying to apply it to a composition.

So.....?????

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i need help with slow motion i dont know what i moverd but now my clip is in slow motion and i dont know how to change it back and my clip is not smooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

moved*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines