Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help me solving this issue !!

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I have a problem with after effects 2020 And it is that when I view the project (preview), a lag occurs and the rendering becomes very slow, a note appears in the (info) window not realtime .

I did an empty disk cache - I increased the RAM available for use by the program - I increased the usage limit of the graphics card capacity, but unfortunately nothing has changed .
Is there any solution for this problem???

My laptop : Asus Rog Strix g15
16GB ram - 512GB SSD - Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the post, this doesn't seem like a problem but more just the way AE works.

After Effects needs to build a preview in RAM in order to show it to you in real–time. 

The green line that builds at the top of your Timeline, below the time-ruler numbers indicates the section of your Timeline that is currently stored in RAM for preview.

Usually the first time you preview is where the application builds the RAM preview and while it's bulding it, the preview isn't in real–time. Not much will change this unless you have a really powerful computer or the animation you are trying to preview requires only light system resources to preview.

A couple of things that can speed–up previews:

1 - Go to Preferences > Previews and lower the delay for Cache Frames when Idle. This will let the application build a preview after a certain amount of time of you doing nothing.

2 - Lower the Resolution/Downsample Factor (probably the second menu from the left at the bottom of the Comp panel). I usually work at half most of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lowered the resolution to quarter and lowered the delay for Cache Frames when Idle , nothing has changed unfortunetly ..
I will install precious version of After effects and see that this issue will be solved or not ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this lag happen when previewing all projects or only some projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this issue is with all projects I have worked on ..
the problem is still going on 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just this week, I've shared an explaner video covering what's happening with AE previews, and included quiote a few tips that might help:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a pretty good video explainer video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I found I was writing the same thing in multiple threads, so decided to put together a presentation to explain what's going on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines