• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Poorly lit Blue Screen causing noise!

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

73CC9449-0AFB-4A6D-9F87-EFD9D03C2F35.jpeg

Hi! I'm a student just learning After Effects, I have a school project due soon and I can't at the blue screen to work even after researching and trying different quick fix methods. Attached is some photos of the problem.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9F1C8312-BAAF-422D-873D-5E3F1791335D.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot of a frame of the footage and I will show you my approach. This should be a fairly straightforward job for Lumetri first to smooth out the blue then Keylight to pull the key and repair the edges as long as the footage is not heavily compressed. You will probably also need a mask.

If that doesn't do it there may be other approaches like Rotobrush. It all depends on the footage.

The lighting and keying problems are different but maybe this tutorial I produced last February will give you some ideas. It demonstrates a combination of techniques used to generate a good composite from a poorly lit scene.

This tutorial shows just one possible approach to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally doable. You just need to draw a few masks, both for referencing them as garbage mattes in Keylight and a bit of manual cleanup. Rick already pointed you to his tutorial and there's enough others out there as well.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines