• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help to reverse-engineer logo stroke reveal

Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of years ago my company had a third party create some brand animations.  I've now been tasked with taking a part of one of those animations and extending it as a longer logo hero loop for a webpage.

They want the 'C' in the video below to animate on as it currently does, but instead of animating directly off, as it currently does, it should stay at full size but stay animated with a shimmery solar atmosphere sort of vibe.

Fortunately, I have the original AE project file supplied by the external company.  Unfortunately, it turns out the layer shown above is a png sequence. 

Do I need to re-build this from scratch to have the control I need, or is there a way to add a shimmery, smoky, solar atmosphere-like motion to a freeze-frame of this PNG that would match the look and feel of the existing animation?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Only way to do it from an image (png) would some effect that's has an option to based itself on luminance values.  Check to see if AE vanilla particle effects have a luminance option.  Also check out the free "Saber" plug-in from Video Co-Pilot.  https://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2016/03/new-plug-in-saber-now-available-100-free/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will likely have to rebuild it, which shouldn't be that difficult, given that it's essentially just multiple layers of Trapcode 3D stroke with lots of blur. Just wobbling up a still frame with Turbulent Displace will inevitably give a different look as the thin lines degenerate and will end up having varying thicknesses and amounts of blur. investing the effort now will no doubt also help on future projects.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company won't get Trapcode 3D stroke for us.  How would you go about doing this with vanilla After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only way to do it from an image (png) would some effect that's has an option to based itself on luminance values.  Check to see if AE vanilla particle effects have a luminance option.  Also check out the free "Saber" plug-in from Video Co-Pilot.  https://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2016/03/new-plug-in-saber-now-available-100-free/

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did the trick brilliantly.  Cheers for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually you may want to hold off on downloading anything from Video CP before reading this.

https://www.videocopilot.net/support/helpnotice/

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I guess you'll have to rebuild it the hard way using tapered shape layer strokes if your company refuses to spring 50 bucks for one month of using RG plug-ins. Perfectly doable, just even more layers...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines