• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with After Effects Waveform and Video

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I want to have footage (A video Clip) showing on my project and then an audiowave form playing in front of it but the video still visible? How do I do this? The only way I've found it to work is to change the opacity but then you cant see the waveform. How do I make it so the waveform doesnt have a black background when I place it so the waveform will be visible and so will the footage?

TOPICS
Audio , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Caleb,

Welcome to the community! Could you let us know which effect you are using in your workflow? If it's Audio Spectrum, please ensure that Composite on Original is unchecked. You can find this option at the bottom of the Effects Controls for this effect. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly, you have an audio waveform over a black bakground so probably the easiest way to make the black transparent is to use the Screen mode for that layer. Press F4 to reveal the Track Mattes and Modes column. Then select the Screen mode for the waveform layer. The audio waveform layer must be over the footage layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding to what Jose said, if it's a pre-recorded video with a black background, you can use Linear Key to remove the black background and Choke Matte to clean up the edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines