Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Bouncing Ball Animation

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - 

I am trying to create a bouncing ball animation similar to this. As you can see, he has the ball bouncing but it looks like some sort of camera is following it as it moves across a comp:

http://www.romainloubersanes.com/#/boundariz/ 

I am just learning how to use AE cameras. 

In order to create this animation, would you create a very long comp and then have the camera set to 1920 x 1080 to follow the ball as it bounces along the comp? If this is a good way to accomplish that, please let me know how to set up the camera this way. So far I have created a very long comp 10k x 1080 and reduced the field of view for the camera, but the view from the camera is still showing the very long comp. 

Or is there another way?

Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 2066936625EC1,

Thanks for writing in.

There are several ways to do it but since you've already created the comp, try this:

1. Create a new composition with 1920*1080 resolution.
  2. Bring in your 10k*1080 comp in it (disable the camera).
  3. Animate the position of the comp from right to left or left to right as the ball progresses.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines