• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with keyframe animation in After Effects

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to replicate the keyframe animation seen at the beginning of this video with its graphic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhGG38m3Gao&list=PLVKXDhi02s8qaYFyBeMEzTrKRkE9fl13y

The way it accelerates from nothing to then settling back into postion is the main crux of what I am going for. I've tried searching for tutorials online but nothing seems to demonstrate what I want.

Any help from experienced folk on here would be really appreciated 🙂 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make 3 keyfames. Set the scale value on the first to 0, second to 110, and third to 100. (Adjust if the second keyframe to + 10 the third keyframe if you are using different values) I'd make them about 10 frames apart from 1 to 2 and closer to 40 frames apart from 2 to 3 to replicate the animation in the video. Then highlight all of the keyframes and press F9 on your keyboard. You can also test around some blur effects and keyframe those since I see that the video has that in the animation.

Your graph should look like this by default and it shouldn't need any adjusting (make sure your on value graph). But in case you don't like it, adjust it to your liking.

JqkeFX_0-1645456291642.png

Personally, I think that a little extra bounce looks good. (Sometimes it doesn't fit in the video though) I use a free script caller Bouncr. Just make a couple linear keyframes (from 0 to 100 scale value) about 3-6 frames apart (it has to be this amount even though that doesn't sound like a lot) Make sure your settings are set to the Scale property and the Overshoot+ Expression and just click "bounce it" on the script. It adds a bounce expression to the layer's scale property. You can also adjust the amplitude/frequency in the effect controls panel. Here is the link: https://ukramedia.com/bouncr/

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When using the Graph Editor for Position, I almost never edit the Value graph. It throws off Position and does nothing for the timing. Unless you separate the dimensions, it's nearly impossible to control Position with the Graph Editor. Maybe this tutorial I produced will help:

You can use an expression to generate a bounce at the end of a move. From our friend Dan Ebberts: Realistic Bounce and Overshoot

You should also explore Keyframe Interpolation methods. The opening graphic animation in the sample video could be created by just right-clicking on the last two keyframes and selecting Keyframe Interpolation first, then Keyframe Velocity. You should use some or all of these tools on almost every animated move you make if you want your work to stand out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines