• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High Memory usage

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i start After Effects my Memory goes to 99% Does anyone Have a fix?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual system information nobody can tell you much, anyway, and according to your screenshot AE is only using a measly 2 GB, which by all standards is not much. The only thing suspicious is the "Migrate Settings" utility, so you may want to terminate that process/ find the dialog window and finish it. If you think something else is wrong you need to explain in more detail and provide the pertinent information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The longer the clip the higher my memory goes up and will freeze my computer.  And when that goes up the sound gets all messy. For the system information. i run on a  i7 with 16gb of ram. I dont know why after effects is doing this so if  you could help me that woulf be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya lo dijo Mylenium, no hay nada raro con la cantidad de RAM que After Effects está utilizando. De hecho, yo diría que Ae está bastante educado por el momento pues siempre está hambriento de memoria RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you actually read the online help on how AE works, what caching is and how to configure the options. Aside from the crashing, everything sounds perfectly normal. AE is memory-driven and longer compositions/ clips simply mean more memory usage and more caching. The crashes could simply be caused by outdated drivers, an unsuitable audio configuration or the footage being malformated/ damaged.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you i wiall try to fix this now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but could i ask if there is a way to limit ram usage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines