• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I fill the area between paint strokes??

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am doing an animation and am trying to colour in the inside of the thing I have drawn however paint bucket doesn't seem to work like it does in photoshop ect and fills in all of one colour that is selected instead of just filling in between the lines. Is there a tool that can do this or do I have to manually colour in every frame individually?

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 10.38.54 am.png

This is image I am trying to fill by the way, I painted it with the paint tool over the top of some reference footage. Have tried connecting all the lines so that the bucket would fill in between them but still won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to close up all the holes around the shapes you want to fill and make holes in the closed ones or add additional Paint Bucket fills. Then you need a copy of your drawing on top with no effects and the blend mode set to Multiply to restore your original lines. Something like this is a starting point.

RickGerard_0-1659493693326.png

I have included a project file that uses your uploaded image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for you're help rick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to have a closed paint path. Add the Paint Buket effect to the same layer. Sample the color of your paint stroke. Set the fill point to the center of the shape you want to fill. Set the Stroke to Spread and increase the radius to fix the edges. Put the Fill point inside the closed shape.

Here is a very good explanation of how to use Paint Bucket.

You will need one copy of Paint Bucket for every closed path you want to fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines