• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make a composition stay pinned to a shot so it revealed by a tilt

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to have a text message pop up be pinned to one point so it is revealed by an in-camera tilt. I have tried using the track to track a particular spot but I can't see to get the track point to go out of frame. I am finding it so hard to find a relevant tutorial and I could really use some help with this. 

Reference video and images are attached. Right now I'm just using position keyframes to give the illusion it's staying in place, but I want it to be frozen solid and reveal itself as the camera tilts up.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the workflow that I would use:

• Move down the timeline until the camera starts to tilt up
  • Split the footage layer using the keyboard shortcut Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + D
  • Change to the Motion Tracking workspace to make your workflow more efficient
  • Camera Track the last part of the footage making sure to spin down the Advanced options and select Detailed Analysis
  • When the camera has been solved, drag a selection around as many points as you can in the background eliminating the actor's head.
  • Move the target to the top of the frame, right-click and select Create Solid and Camera.

Camera Track.png
  • Right-click on the Track Solid 1 layer and set it as a guide layer (I never use nulls because you cannot see if they track correctly when you preview the shot)
  • Make your graphic layer 3D (It will probably disappear, but don't worry)
  • Hold down the Shift key and parent the graphic layer to the Track Solid 1 layer
  • Select the graphic layer and press Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + O to open Auto Orientation and set it to Orient to Camera
  • If the layer is too small, scale it up
  • Press R to rotate the graphic until it is horizontal
  • Adjust the Y position of the graphic

All done

Please use the toolbar or drag your images to the reply field. The "Drag & Drop here..." area is clunky and should not be used to share pictures. It works for sharing project files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines