• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make Text Animator Fill Color to work right to left direction for Arabic paragraph?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this community can help. I've been searching for a solution for some time. Here is a reddit post that I created. It involves video:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AfterEffects/comments/u4s5yk/how_can_i_make_this_effect_work_right_to_left/

Also I tried to explain what I want to achieve in this photo:

https://www.picallow.com/text-animator-2/?usp_success=2&post_id=16096&form_id=27

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as someone from reddit suggest it seems like a bug. for latin paragraph it makes sense to be left to right but for arabic it has to be right to left. any authorised person to answer?

I saw your previous post to and I think you need to change the text engine. However Adobe removed it in 2022 for a new automated version, but looks like they didn’t take animator into account.

If you roll back to 2021 there’s an option in preferences to change text left or right flowing. If I remember correctly it fixes the animator but I’m not 100% sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will tag @Ali Jaber here as he is knowledgeable in both Arabic and After Effects.

Meanwhile, you can check this post which shows that colour highlight is buggy if the text is Arabic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Zaid!

For simple write-on paragraphs in right to left languages you can use these "Name your own price" scripts from AeScripts:
https://aescripts.com/am-typewrite-text/

https://aescripts.com/fade-up-rtl/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I can change the existing text fill color gradually from start to end for right to left text with these scripts. Do you think I can?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's for simple write-on effect that works with RTL paragraphs. A possible workaround would be applying a gradient ramp effect to the text layer, but it depends on the desired look.
Edit: sorry my fault, I didn't see your explanation at Picallow, I will try and see if I can figure a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think I can change the existing text fill color gradually from start to end for right to left text with these scripts. Do you think I can?

By @nstarkd

You can duplicate the text layer, make the fill of the top one as red, and use the "Fade-up-rtl" script on the top text layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines