• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can I orientation from 0 to 90 backward

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to orientation this square from 0 to 90 backward like 0 > 360 > 270 > 90 (yellow arrow) but when I keyframe 0 and 90 it will move like 0 >50>90 (red arrow)

help me please

Prince5FA6_0-1631035603046.png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Hi Prince,

I appriciate you reaching out.

I agree with Mylenium, using Oriantation to rotate the object could complicate things. Based on the screenshot, try rotating the Z axis and instead of typing "90" try "-270".

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really use orientation, then you are doing it wrong. Only rotation should be animated. You may want to read up on that old Quarternion vs. Euler thing and what generally best practices for 3D rigging are, not just in AE. This is a common thing even in 3D programs and on complex rigs will also entail using Nulls and parenting to neutrlize and decouple individual rotation axes to prevent gimbal lock. Again, you need to study up on this on a broader basis.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Prince,

I appriciate you reaching out.

I agree with Mylenium, using Oriantation to rotate the object could complicate things. Based on the screenshot, try rotating the Z axis and instead of typing "90" try "-270".

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines