• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I remove static parts of a video automatically?

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a timelapse tutorial by screen recording, but I have a lot of static parts that the screen has nothing to show, is there any way I can get rid of these static parts automatically or should I delete them manually?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give this a try:

https://aescripts.com/magnum/

Otherwise simple use premiere or another proper edit program to facilitate the process and then import your edited timeline.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer, how to do that in Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magnum appears to be able to detect edits, but I'm not sure if that would also apply to unmoving shots from timelaps.  The simplest option here is to edit in Premiere Pro, as you can scrube through the entire video, using the razor blade tool to cut out the "boring" bits.  Then, once you have removed those, you can either render this footage or better to select all of the footage, right-click on it and choose "Replace with After Effects Composition".  This will open AE with the edited video in a comp for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this tool "Razor Blade" can do the operation automatecally? becuase I find some one using it in YouTube video in a manually way.

I'm asking about something like let's say a security cam which record a scene when there are no movement, but from time to time, there are some movements (maybe every few minutes) so I want to get rid all these static parts, and keep the moving parts.. Hope I could describe what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the Scene Edit Detection Tool in PP, then delete the empty scenes, check this tutorial for more info, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_FtraiSlxU 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines